Today is my last day as a 26 year old. When I think of the past year, I can't imagine how much my life has changed since my first day being 26. Last year I was out at a bar, feeling drunk and getting drunker. Tonight I am sitting on my couch, feeling taps and wondering if I should eat cookies or not.
26 was rough - there were days when I really didn't think my marriage was going to make it, I hated my job and I just wanted things to change. And they did. My miscarriage was the worst thing that ever happened to me and it didn't end with the bleeding. There were months of grieving, questioning and fear and I never knew if I was ever going to find my way out.
Yet I did. Now, I am facing a whole new set of fears and questions. But I know that I have the strength to survive and on days when I begin to question that, these little kicks remind me that I don't really have an option.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Nova! You are right, you have an amazing strength in you that will carry you through.
I hope your 27th year is filled with amazing blessings!
Happy Belated Birthday!! I have a feeling that your year ahead will be full of much more than the last. Enjoy! - for someday you shall become old like me. :)
Post a Comment