Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 7, 2008

One thing that almost every woman who has had a miscarriage dreads is her due date.  Mine was March 17, 2008 - St Patrick's Day.  As someone who has been an Irish Dancer for most of her life, St Patrick's Day has become an annoying cliche over the years.  I go to bars or other crappy show locations, dance, deal with the annoying audience members and come out of it tired, cranky and glad that it is over for another year.

I wouldn't have had to deal with any of it this year if I was still pregnant.  I'd be huge, or just delivered and the last person anyone would ask to dance in or run a show.  But I'm not, so they are and I am saying yes on a limited basis.  I've decided that the best way to honor my baby and my due date is to take back St Patrick's Day and make it something I enjoy again.

So I will dance, because I love it and it brings me peace.  I will dance with people I enjoy spending time with, because even though several of them are pregnant they are my friends and I find that I fit there.  I will enjoy and I will celebrate St Patrick's Day for my baby.

No comments: