So I've been a naughty little blogger and haven't been updating as much as I should but I am going to try to be better!
So what's happened since my last update? Well I am now officially 27 years old. So far 27 is treating me well enough minus the heartburn, backaches...wait, I guess none of that really comes from being 27 does it? I had a very low key birthday at home with the doglings - I cleaned, ran some errands, went to the pool and got some beautiful roses from the hubs. He's definitely not perfect, but some days he comes pretty darn close. All of my other birthday gift either were or were used for maternity clothes.
Speaking of maternity clothes, I don't think you're ready for this belly! I really never thought that I would have a belly that comes out past my boobs at 21-22 weeks but here I am. Bellylicious. I am going to start to post pictures on here to make things a little more interesting and so I can have some sort of journal of this pregnancy. I've been so scared at different points but I think I'm finally getting to the point where I can embrace this more so than I have been.
Speaking of heartburn, backaches and pregnancy in general all seems to be going well on that front. I've had a few issues here and there with a short cervix and the fact that I am carrying a monster but things have been relatively drama free. I found out two weeks ago that I am having a little boy! Just like I've known since I saw the second line on that test so it wasn't a huge surprise to have the u/s tech tell me that :-) So Michael August will be joining us sometime this October/November and is spending his time until then kicking, squirming and just generally being a boy in my tummy.
The hubs is of course delighted to be having a boy, though I am sure much of that delight come from the sheer relief of the baby being a he instead of she! He's been in Cali since May and I can't tell you that it hasn't been rough on me. Pregnancy has been scary and I have become more needy that I've ever been in the past, just as my husband needs to shift his focus on prioritize the mission and his Marines. In my current state, I fully recognize that and support him in that since I'd rather him be focused on what he needs to be doing rather than my latest bought of heartburn or Mack's latest belly-ventures (I've decided they can't really be adventures until he's born so he has belly ventures for now). However, there are times when I just want to be the center of his attention and not have to constantly compete with the 30 some-odd Marines of 3rd Platoon. The thing is, he gets it. And I love my husband for that. So I will be spending a week at the end of the month in Palm Springs with my husband just relaxing. It was his decision to stay out there and have me come see him so it could be just the two of us, without having to deal with his family and friends competing for his attention as well.
Much more than just this has gone on, but these are the highlights that make me smile and since its Friday I am going to stop here. In part because its Friday and in part because I need to leave to drive up to Philly soon and the traffic on the beltway is not going to make me smile. I promise to update more soon and to be a good blogger from here on in!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You better start updating more! I need it! I love reading your blog and funnism's (is that a word?) And YES, we need pics of this big ol belly!
Post a Comment