Today I am angry with my husband. I am angry that I am not his #1 priority, or even #2. I am tired of waiting for our lives to start while he finishes school and plays GI Joe (again). But he keeps asking me to wait, to be patient and I say yes. Not because I want to, or even because I believe him when he says that it will all be worth it in the end. I wait because he's my husband and I made a vow in front of God and our families and friends to be with him always, in good times and bad. It just sucks that on days like this it seems like most of our time falls on the bad side of the line.
A favorite song of mine is called "Have a Little Faith in Me" by John Hiatt.
When the road gets dark
And you can no longer see
Just let my love throw a spark
And have a little faith in me
And when the tears you cry
Are all you can believe
Just give these loving arms a try
And have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
When your secret heart
Cannot speak so easily
Come here darlin
From a whisper start
To have a little faith in me
And when your backs against the wall
Just turn around and you will see
I will catch, I will catch your fall baby
Just have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Well, Ive been loving you for such a long time girl
Expecting nothing in return
Just for you to have a little faith in me
You see time, time is our friend
cause for us there is no end
And all you gotta do is have a little faith in me
I said I will hold you up, I will hold you up
Your love gives me strength enough
So have a little faith in me
And it reminds me, that I need to have faith in him. Even when its hard, because I know he loves me and that he wants to make me happy. And maybe he needs to get his priorities in order, and maybe he needs to appreciate me more but he's trying and that's all that I can ask for.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment