I watched The Terminal last night and I realized how much the ending of that movie is like the other women I know who have experienced a loss.
The ending all starts with Gupta running up to the plane with his mop. And let's be honest, once we get AF which one of us wouldn't try to stop the witch from going to someone else. Then Victor leaves the airport. And all of the staff leaves to walk out with him, cheering him on, encouraging him and giving what they think he will need out there. And so he leaves, with all of them standing there watching him go and cheering him on. That is what happens when one of the girls we know leaves - we watch, we cheer but for most of us we can't leave the airport. And we are happy for them.
But sometimes, it breaks our heart.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment