Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2, 2008

So I realized that yesterday's post was focused on the bad stuff (or really, one bad thing) that happened to me in 2007. So while I am still feeling reflective on the past year I'd like to post about the great stuff that happened in 2007

January - I got married. When I say it was a beautiful day, I mean it was sunny and 70 in Philadelphia. If someone asked me to pick the perfect day that would have been it. Sure there were a few minor bloopers, but how can I not laugh at the fact that the groomsmen were hungover, J forgot his pants and the rabbi told us to "Live long and prosper" complete with the hand signal. I got lucky - it really was a perfect day.

April - Frank the Tank joined our family. We already had one well trained, perfectly behaved dog so why not add an untrained, hyperactive spazz of a puppy to the mix. He needed me, and at the end of the day I needed him too. J nearly killed me for it, but now that Frank is a part of the family he definitely adds to the mix. Though not always in a good way.

May - I went to China for work and got to climb the Great Wall. The food was awful, I got horrendous spider bites and was thrilled to finally get home, but I did climb the Great Wall. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

June/July - I got pregnant. Yes I lost the baby a few days later but I was pregnant and for that I will always be grateful. I finally really learned what it means to love and I think that made me a better person.

November/December - I got to spend my first holiday season with my husband. It was crazy and stressful at times, but also wonderful. Being with him is the best Christmas gift of all.

In other news, the office renovations continue and they are currently painting all around me. I'm getting a bit high off the fumes I fear. I talked to the pregnant girl in my office about it and she is continuing to work with a mask on because she wants to save her time off. I'm worried that when/if I ever do get pregnant again I will be every one's worst nightmare - the crazy paranoid pregnant lady. But if it gets me a healthy baby, it will be completely worth it.

No comments: